Growing up in New Zealand, Tim Brown couldn’t help but notice all the amazing qualities of merino wool. In fact, it made him wonder why such an incredible, sustainable resource had never been used in footwear before. This simple question became the beginning of an incredible journey to make a revolutionary textile that would, hopefully, create a whole new category of shoes inspired by natural materials. After years of researching, testing, Kickstarting, and chasing his vision, Tim teamed up with Joey Zwillinger, a San Francisco based engineer and renewables expert. Together, they partnered with one of the world’s great Italian textile mills to create an innovative wool fabric made specifically for footwear and successfully designed the most comfortable shoe imaginable. Allbirds has now become the number one direct to consumer brand in the footwear space.
Creating a global high touch supply chain is complex. Allbirds now sells Direct to Consumer in the United States, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, and China.
The obvious answer to handling this complexity is to build a custom solution in-house to completely handle all of your supply chain intricacies.
However, that takes time and vast resources away from the #1 goal, growth of your brand.
ChannelApe used our pre-built Shopify EDI solutions to help Allbirds turn a complex multi-store, multi-country supply chain into a single connected global supply chain controlled via one unified Fulfillment Management Platform.
ChannelApe supports Shopify’s multi-location feature using our Shopify Inventory Management solution ensuring that multiple nodes are correctly in sync.
- Custom 3PL Integration including inventory, orders, and fulfillment via EDI
- Automated emailed order activity error reports
- Production and Staging (QA) Environments
- Customized Order Maturity Delay
- Gift Message Support
- Physical and Virtual Gift Card Support
- Apple Pay Support
- Endless Aisle
- Customized shipping logic for Holiday orders, lightweight orders or Military/PO Boxes
- Shipping service error reporting
- Province code validation
- Automated shipping service upgrades for distant delivery zones
- Zip Code Correction
- Address Verification and Validation
- Order cancellation support for warehouse stock outs
- Order block from unsupported Countries
- Virtual Warehouses
- SLA Monitoring