- Go to your Channels page and select your Shopify account:
- Once you have selected your Shopify account, in the upper right hand corner, select “Settings”:
- When that screen pops up, under “Fields” make sure “Description” is NOT checked. This will ensure they don’t change:
- Select “Update” and you’re finished!
- You will not get descriptions to new items added to the data feed from your supplier.
- Also, if you ever turn the “description” back on, you will lose everything that you have done custom.
- Do you want to write your own descriptions and also be able to create new items from the data feed. See my article on Creating SEO Descriptions